The Past Week.

 The past week has been a little crazy.  Ellen came down with COVID last Monday...today is Tuesday.  I came down with it 3 days later, last Thursday.  So far Gary has managed to avoid it, but only because I have taken rigorous measures...like sanitizing every surface he could possibly come into contact with, and wearing a mask in the common areas of the house.  Oh, and not even going into "his" bathroom.  I'll have to go in and clean it here in a day or two.  Haha...  I don't know if I am still communicable or not.  I haven't had a fever for 2 days now, but am still really congested in my sinuses, with a "head fog" type of thing going on.  Draggy.  

Last Tues the AC went out, I will only mention that Ellen noticed it was blowing mist into the front room, I noted this fact to Gary who asked for an implement to try and clear the drainage hole.  I handed him an ice pick.  A few moments later there was a hiss, a comment something to the effect of, "I didn't think there was a coil down there.". Then I was on my way to Lebanon to get a new AC unit from Walmart.  Haha!

Gary and I both are having different health issues, neither of which are major at the moment, but are calling for action and random Dr visits and/or procedures to monitor. 

But enough of that.

Ellen is doing well on her job.  

The garden is doing well.  We are enjoying cucumbers and onions and banana peppers.


Above center is the row of okra.  To the right is the shelly bean row, left is the sweet tater row.  

Something, friends on Facebook agree it must be rabbits, gnawed away at a cabbage in the garden bed by the house.



This was an unpleasant surprise and an aggravation.  I harvested the other two cabbages, which were starting to split from all the rain we've been having anyway.  

The zinnias are gorgeous though.  I know some people don't care for them, but I love their bright, cheery faces shining at me.



Isn't it pretty?  
I got a package of mixed colors and the haven't disappointed.


Well, I am having issues with adding pictures to a blog post from the phone.  You get the idea.

I need to get out and pick green beans, beets and look for squash bugs.  I don't know how many I have drowned in soapy water the past few weeks, or how many of their eggs I have squished.  Where in the world do they keep coming from?  Last year I had hardly any at all, maybe 3 or 4 all summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story