A Little Walk Yesterday Afternoon

 

Since Ellen was off to a track meet after school yesterday, and Gary was off with his family to the total eclipse, I didn't have to worry about fixing any supper.  So Bella and I took off on a little walk down to the creek.  I didn't actually take any pics of the creek, but here is one of the little springs that we have on the place.

This is actually right alongside the road, track, path, whatever you call it, that goes down to creek bottoms.  I tried to get a shot of the water with redbud blooms floating on it, but they aren't very visible.


There are quite a few trees that have fallen across the spring bed.  They make for enchanting bridges.




This last photo above is of further up toward the milk barn, though that is still quite a hike away up the hill yet.  But it's about where the spring water emerges from the spring bed.  Further on up it was quite dry.  

I had put Bella back on her lead by this time, you can see it on her in the pic above.  If I didn't she would have made herself sick chasing squirrels in the heat.  Most of the squirrels were holed up in the heat, but that wouldn't have stopped her from running from tree to tree making herself overwrought trying to see them.  A dog of very little brain.

*****

Once again today I'm on my own.  Gary is off doing 3 different well jobs, and Ellen has another track meet this afternoon....they usually leave school at about noon.  Yesterday they went to Osage, and today they are off to El Dorado.  It's raining this morning so no early long walk for Bella and I.  But maybe later again this afternoon it will clear off.  

I need to get out and thin my radishes.  They have sprouted super thick in their rows.  I hope the beets come up as thick.  Gary does love his pickled beets.

I will probably do more cleaning.  Yesterday I was able to go through a couple of piles of junk. I got registered for the Buffalo Art Walk for May 4th.  I am praying for no COVID cases in the family and for clear weather for the day. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story