Cleaning Out My Recipes...etc

First: Dairy news. Today hubby is busy transporting critters from Long Lane over here to their winter quarters. This means that I will have to get up earlier in the AM to have time to feed them; TWO trips up the road on the four-wheeler in sub-freezing temperatures. Fun stuff.
*************************************************************************


My Recipe Box For some strange reason it came to my attention that perhaps maybe I ought to go through my little recipe box. It’s not like I can’t find the recipe I need in here, because I know the general area where I keep the recipes I use the most. Some of them WERE repeats because I’d lost the original recipe in here and then looked on the internet for another copy of it; I didn’t include the repeats in my list. Some of these are recipes I have never tried before, though I have had them for years and years. Some of them are recipes I have tried once and will likely never try again. Some of them really sounded good at the time I read them, and some of them sounded do-able and maybe like I OUGHT to try them at some future point in time, but I never have.

Ellen helped me by taking a recipe out of the box and handing it to me; I’d write it down and then hand back to her to put into the pile.

Here we go:

1. Zucchini Pie
2. Checkerboard Cake
3. Pineapple Upside Down Cake
4. Rosemary Roasted Chicken w/ Potatoes
5. Award-winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
6. Reuben Roll-ups
7. Zucchini Carrot Cake
8. Chocolate Candy Bar Cake
9. 30 Minute Rolls
10. Chocolate Pumpkin Yummy
11. Colorful Chicken Casserole
12. Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede Garlic Cheese Biscuits
13. Dixie Stampede Cream of Vegetable Soup-Authentic
14. Sweet Potato Sausage Casserole
15. Moist Banana Bread
16. Parmesan-Pork Zucchini Boats
17. Italian Cream Cake
18. Butter Corn Sticks
19. Chocolate Peanut Butter Grahams
20. Best Zucchini Bars
21. Asian Sesame Salmon
22. Chicken Tikka Masala
23. Ham and Cheese Pizzas
24. Peanut Chicken Stir-fry
25. Chocolaty Rocky Road Brownies
26. Chocolate Oatmeal Cake
27. Oatmeal Cake
28. Chocolate Macaroons
29. Maple Pecan Pie
30. Butterscotch Brownies
31. Moroccan Chicken Stew
32. Mock Chicken Salad Sandwich Spread
33. Smashed Chickpea Salad
34. Balsamic Chicken
35. Raspberry Coconut Bars
36. Marinated Venison Steaks
37. Irish Soda Bread
38. Apple Cake
39. Milk Chocolate Frosting #1
40. Milk Chocolate Frosting #2
41. Sweet and Sour Sauce #1
42. Sweet and Sour Sauce #2
43. African Sweet Potato Stew w/ Red Beans
44. Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
45. Zucchini Brownies
46. Wax Bean Soup #1
47. Walnut Blitz Torte
48. Coconut Cream Meringue
49. Fudge Ribbon Cake
50. Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake
51. Roasted Veggies
52. Italian Sausage Calzone
53. Peppermint and Chocolate Bars
54. Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Filling
55. Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
56. Chicken-Artichoke Pizza
57. Maple Sweet Potatoes, Chicken and Mixed Veggies
58. Cheese
59. Chocolate Surprise Cookies
60. Peach Sauce
61. Layered Salad with Walnuts
62. Easy Boston Cream Cake
63. Beef Vegetable Soup
64. Peppermint Meltaways
65. Oven-fried Drumsticks
66. Sweet Potato-Pecan Upside down Cake
67. Texas Potato Wedges
68. Eileen’s Spicy Gingerbread Men
69. Sweet Potato Pineapple Bake
70. Chicken Pizza
71. Basic Buttermilk Cake
72. PB&J Cupcakes
73. Cake-to-go with Caramel Glaze
74. Beans and Franks Bake
75. Lemon Divine
76. Zucchini Casserole #1
77. One-rise Cinnamon Rolls
78. Rhubarb, Berry Cheesecake Pie
79. Maple-Glazed Carrots
80. Chocolate Chip Pancakes
81. Black Forest Cheesecake
82. Sweet Potato Quick bread
83. Sausage n’ Sauerkraut
84. Effortless Egg Rolls
85. Lemon Fudge
86. Baked Cherry Pudding
87. Rollout Cookies
88. Butter-Pecan Rum Cake
89. Hamburger Subs
90. Berry Cobbler
91. Easy Orange-Chocolate Fudge
92. German Chocolate Cake
93. Stuffed Sourdough Sandwiches
94. Salmon Burgers
95. Fresh Blueberry Pie
96. Sausage Spinach Bake
97. Pea Salad
98. Polka-Dot Macaroons
99. Sour Cream Salmon Loa
100. Pumpkin Chip Drops
101. Pumpkin Pie
102. Perfect Pumpkin Pie
103. Zucchini Casserole #2
104. Cucumber Pickles
105. Pasta Salads x4
106. Baked Beans
107. Wax Bean Soup #2
108. Freezer Dills
109. Ricotta Cheese…homemade
110. Sourdough Starter
111. Extra Chewy Granola Bars
112. Powdered Laundry Detergent
113. Japanese Fruit Pie
114. Zucchini Bread with Streusel Topping
115. Crispy Pickles
116. Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent
117. White Bread
118. Wilted lettuce Dressing
119. Pork Steak with Potatoes
120. Holstein Crinkles
121. Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping
122. Caramel-Apple Pie
123. Chocolate Chunk Cookies
124. Awesome Pepperoni Pizza
125. Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry
126. Pickled Beets –Elna’s recipe
127. Sweet Cinnamon Biscuits
128. Garlic Dill Pickles
129. Pickled Beets –Amish Recipe
130. Apple-Brandy Carrot Cake
131. Sweet Potato Pie Cookies
132. Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream


As I glance through them I see definite trends; desserts, pizzas, and sweet potato recipes. They say that the average housewife has maybe 10 or so meals that she fixes and just rotates around. I guess I am a bit above average, but I do tend to stick with themes.

Most of the dishes I prepare frequently you will not find on this list simply because either I don’t follow a recipe to fix them, or because they are in one of my many cookbooks. Fried chicken; now who needs a recipe to cook fried chicken; or the mashed taters and Cole slaw that go along with them? I USED to, but not any more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story