A bit about Ellen

So I have amused you for two days with my marriage reflections. That was fun. Now what?

Ellen?

Yes, she cracks me up. I have a book that I need to get started with recording things in. It's called; Oh, What you Said. I have a long list I have kept of the funny things she has said over the past few years, since she has started talking.

Her first phrase was; "Who is that?" She'd draw out the "who"..."Whoooooo is that?" That's what I'd say when we heard her daddy coming in from chores.

Now it is so funny how she picks up these big words and then trots them out at the right moment.

A few months ago I was reading her a book on the sofa and hubby came up behind us and was teasing her. She sighed, and said; "Daddy, stop it, you're distracting me."

"Distracting?" She's four years old. Where does she get "distracting?"

************************************************************************

Last month she was in a snit when I told her she needed to get a bath. "I don't like baths. I completely hate them!"

Completely!

***********************************************************************

Last night after supper she was pestering me to watch this new DVD we'd traded for. (swapadvd.com) I told her that she couldn't watch anything until the kitchen was cleaned up.

"Why?" she wanted to know.

"Because that's the rule." I told her.

"Well, I don't like rules. There shouldn't be any rules. It's just heartless!"

HEARTLESS! Hahahaha. Once again; where do they get these things?

*******************************************************************

I have to be careful and not collapse laughing because then she'll get her nose out of joint because she knows I am laughing at her for some reason. She is at the point where she's very, very sensitive about being laughed at. It really offends her little sense of dignity. She is so serious about her little indignations; she can't understand how anyone could laugh at them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story