An Insurance Incident

In a previous post....a couple of years ago in fact, I grouched about our insurance carrier. Since then we have changed policies and things have gone along without incident. Until yesterday, that is.

Yesterday at approx 3:30 PM, while I was trying to fry chicken, mash potatoes and stir the gravy all at the same time, the phone rang. The timing in and of itself is very annoying. The lady said she was from our insurance company and that we had not paid since April.

Hmmm...

I distinctly remember writing the checks. I told her so. She said she'd look into it and get back to us.

When she called back hubby answered.

She advised him there'd been a mistake.

So hubby asks: "Oh, so our account is OK?"

Lady: "Oh, I don't know, you are under a group policy, I only handle individual policies. You will have to call the people who do handle group policies."

(Say what?)

Hubby: "Do you have the number?"

Lady rattles it off.

Hubby: "So why don't you call it for us and find out what's going on?"

Lady: "Oh, I can't do that, you have to call."

Hubby: "I'll just get a recording. You could call straight through to them."

Lady: "I don't handle group policies."

Hubby: "Why did you call us in the first place?"

She hangs up on him.

What a joke!

Today he calls the local rep and has them look into it. She calls back and says it shows we are paid up, there are no notes that we have even been contacted and she has no idea why they would have called us.

Great. Nice.

It makes me think of the song Scarecrow on "The Wizard of Oz" sings:

If I Only Had a Brain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story