The Haunting Theme post

This month's NaBloPoMo theme is "haunting" and today is a good day to talk about such. It's a regular October day out there; blustery and whirling with leaves.

Not being the superstitious type I wouldn't say that I have ever been haunted, in the ghostly way. I guess I have been haunted by things in the past; things I've done or haven't done. That would all probably fall under the "regrets" catagory as well I believe.

(Ummm...excuse me...Ellen's puzzle is barking at me. Yes, it is. It's one of those sound puzzles and she left a piece out of it. The light is hitting is just right to activate the dog barking.)

One thing I regret is not being more outspoken in my younger years. I was too worried about what people thought of me. Who gives a rip? But I guess that is something most of us feel as we age.

One thing I was told I'd regret but I don't is my not going to the senior prom in high school. I didn't want to get then, I wouldn't go now if I had a chance. Who cares?

I think one of the main things I am haunted by is the fact that I lost touch with so many friends from high school after graduation. Perhaps the fact of growing up and growing apart enters into the equation, but mostly in my case I believe it was more my being totally socially incompetent; embarrassed by who I was and not knowing how to change myself.

Well, that's enough haunting for now. It's too depressing. Ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story