Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Chocolate Torte Cake Recipe

By request here is the cake recipe....

For the cake, use one box dark chocolate cake mix (or, if you prefer, a from-scratch equivalent) and bake in 3 round cake pans. (I baked them for only about 20 minutes.)

Let cool completely then level off the cakes.

Filling:

8 oz cream cheese, softened. 1 packed cup brown sugar. Cream these together until smooth, then add 1 and 1 half cups thawed Cool Whip. Use this between each layer of the cake and smooth, smooth, smooth the edges. (This is what I did: I didn't know if this filling was just supposed to be used between the layers ONLY or to also FROST the outside of the cake so I put in extra whipped topping and frosted as well as filled the cake, because I am NOT good enough to make the filling really smooth on the edges.)

Then you put the cake in the freezer for about 30 minutes.

Chocolate Glaze:

Melt 4 oz squares unsweetened baking chocolate (I used semisweet once, I don't think it matters too much) and mix well with 3 cups powdered sugar. Add boiling water a spoonful at a time to make a smooth glaze. Pour over cake.

Use extreme self-control and don't eat any until you can show it off! Ha.

Easy peasy.

No comments: