Fall Vendor Madness


 So somehow I took leave of my senses and signed up for 3 vendor events in 3 months.  This unexpectedly has created a bit of a panic for me after the first one.  I've had to go into frantic knitting mode.  Haha

As a general rule I do my loom knitting in the evenings after the day's chores are done, usually an hour or so before bedtime.  It keeps my hands busy and I enjoy creating cute, or functional, things for my own enjoyment.  

In the past few years I have done mostly hats, dish cloths and scrubbies.  I'd go to vendor events and sell enough of them to pay for the booth space and maybe make a small amount of pocket change to boot. This didn't bother me because I just enjoy the whole vendor events atmosphere; the hustle and bustle and yakking with the public. It's fun to people watch and just chat with random folks who stop by.  

Then in the past year or two I've started making more stuffed dolls and animals.  



I'd had a bunch of a couple different styles of dollies too.  

Then here last month, the first weekend in September, I signed up to share a booth at the Celtic Festival.  Much to my surprise I sold out of pretty much all of my stuffed items.

So the past month I have been madly knitting things for my next vendor event on Oct 19th, next Saturday! Every week I've concentrated on one item; pumpkins, octopi, teddies...etc.  

I've been wondering what in the world I'm going to do if I sell out again at this upcoming event.  In less than a month, on November 9th, I've got a table reserved at the Christmas Bazaar at the Long Lane Lions Club.  Yikes!  Next Spring and summer, if I'm going to keep signing up for Fall vendor events, I'm going to have to do more knitting.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story