A Booth at the Cetic Festival

 This past weekend, Fri and Saturday I participated at the SW MO Celtic Festival.  Since I had to stay with my booth most of the time I wasn't really able to observe the Highland Games and competitions, but we were fairly close to the stage so we got to listen to the music.  Friday night there weren't too many people there, so we were able to leave our booths and watch the Calling of the Clans.


Above is a shot of the Clans filing in from Clan Row, further down the hill.  It is a stirring sight to watch them marching in with their torches; the bagpipes wailing as they came.

As far as vendoring went, I did pretty well.  The chickens were popular.  So were the dolls and teddies.


 The bracelets were made by the The Feral Cat owner's daughter.  I actually sold six of my cards to a lady who said she sends out lots of cards and loves unique things like that.  She bought quite a few of the more retro type cards I'd made. I was glad to find another person who also has quirky taste in correspondence.

I did sell one hat.  I only brought a few because I figure few people are thinking of cold weather gear in September.  But the one I sold was one of the cat ones; a silhouette of a cat, with a 3-D tail.  A lady bought it for her granddaughter. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story