Low Carb Hot Chocolate Eggnog


 Ellen asked for some hot chocolate a while ago, so this morning I thought I would adapt an eggnog recipe I was sent in a greeting card last December.

 I  did not like my adaptation; it was too rich for me, so I will give you my final alteration of the recipe instead of what I actually made.  


1 egg

3/4 cup almond milk

1/2-3/4 cup water, depending on how rich you want it to be

 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

2 1/2 Tablespoons erythritol 

2-3 drops liquid Stevia

Combine all ingredients in electric blender or food processor (I just used a wire whisk) and blend until well mixed.  Transfer mixture to double boiler; heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is steaming.  Do not boil  Serve immediately.

I topped it with real cinnamon/vanilla whipped cream.  

Delish

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story