Kind of macabre...

But I have a question.

What is the use of having casket warranties? Hubby went with family to choose a casket for grandpa. They come with 5, 10 or 15 year warranties, against rust or corrosion I believe.

Now, once it has been used, how would you go to check on it?

Not meaning any disrespect or anything, but I got this hilarious picture of my diminutive, petite aunt-in-law in a few years time bundling a pick ax and shovel up and heading out to the cemetery to check and make sure her dad's casket is still intact, and then, if not, her marching down to the mortuary and demanding a trade in under the warranty.

Maybe there is a valid reason for a casket warranty, and certainly there must be people out there who DO care, but once I am dead I don't think I will be worrying about it much.

Comments

jel said…
I know some one who would know want me to ask?
Unknown said…
Oh my goodness! This post have me the chills! I agree with you though. Once I'm dead, I don't think I'd be worrying that much about it. ;)

Sorry to hear about your loss. xoxo
Frau Guten Tag said…
I was involved in TWO funerals this year (my stepfather & my grandmother) & there was no mention of warranties on the caskets...........

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story