A typical Friday

Yesterday was pretty typical.

After I got my husband his cornflakes at 4 AM, I took another nap on the sofa until 5:30 AM. Then I got up, got the baby up, gave her a bottle, bundled her up and went out to do chores. I fed the calves...etc. Then I came in, got ready and went grocery shopping.

Grocery shopping...I hate it. I would rather go to the dentist. Since I still have no cavities at age 39, I really WOULD rather go to the dentist than go grocery shopping. My husband doesn't quite understand why I hate grocery shopping, but he has never gone in his whole life so how could he?

After I came home, put everything away, ate lunch and was resting, in came husband with a request; go see if you can get that cow into the corral so we can get her and her calf.

So somewhere along the line I find myself up in the dry cow pasture ACROSS the fence on the neighbor's property hanging on to the leg of a bull calf that is trying to kick the liver out of me, with my husband on the walkie talkie asking me if I am making any progress. Then of course, I shimmy around and get the rope on the calf and it has to do a poop (calf poop is nasty...believe me). In the process of trying to wrangle it back through the barbed wire fence I end up with calf poop on my good jeans because I forgot to change when I came back from town, and then in going over the fence myself I get hung on the barbed wire, with a calf tugging at me.

Finally I get over unstuck from the wire and start the fun process of trying to convince the critter to go toward the corral. Husband shows up with the truck and trailer and says, hey you did make good progress.

Thanks Dear.

Typical Friday

Thanks for visiting.

Comments

Donna. W said…
Been there, done that. Poop washes out. Thank God for small favors.
Anonymous said…
I found you through the NaBloPoMo randomizer.

While I think it's fun to visit a ranch, I don't think I could do what you do on a daily basis.
Zee said…
Hi! I came over from NaBloPoMo. I'm challenging myself to comment on as many blogs as possible this month as well as post.

Reading this post completely solidified in my mind that I am a city girl through and through.

Happy Posting!
jel said…
:)


C ya later today!
Nerevised said…
I just found your blog through the randomiser, and I really like it. Interesting and well-written. I'll be back!
Anonymous said…
The grocery store is the bane of my existence. But I love to cook, so what's to be done about it? Every time a clerk asks me if I need help out to my car, I *always* respond: "Only if you're going to come all the way home with me and put all this stuff away."

Never get any takers.

Too bad. I'd tip good!
Calfkeeper said…
Oh, but I forgot to include how much FUN it is to wrestle with calves!

Thanks to all for visiting and commenting.

Rebecca
Unknown said…
Hi there! I found you via the NaBloPoMo randomizer. I'm a city girl who moved to the country. My Hubby has cattle and there's always soooooo much work to get done :) Your post reminded me a bit of my life! LOL!
CreativeMish said…
You've been tagged! check out my blog for the rules :)
Anonymous said…
I am curious to know WHY you hate grocery shopping so much??

And I'm also wondering how your husband survived (prior to being married I mean) without ever going grocery shopping himself??
Anonymous said…
Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story