Birthday Number Five, the story

For the past few months Ellen has been asking for a "real" Barbie doll for her birthday. She has several 11 inch dolls, knock-off Barbies, if you will. But she knows the difference somehow; she wanted a REAL one.

I would rather she not have anything to do with Barbie dolls. I am not a Barbie fan; at all. However, you have to pick your fights. I have expressly forbidden anything "SpongeBob-ish" to appear in this house. Maybe I am wrong in this; maybe I should allow him and ban Barbie, but we all have our likes and dislikes. To me SpongeBob is much uglier than Barbie.

But I digress.

So I told my mom about the Barbie wish, and she said she'd get Ellen a Barbie. Behold an enchanted Ellen opening her Barbie:


Now behold what kind of Barbie my mother got for her. (Keeping in mind that you can hardly find just a Barbie doll; they must needs sell them in little sets or scenarios; jogging Barbie, baby-sitting Barbie, breakfast Barbie...etc)

Puppy potty training Barbie? Yep, you got it. You give the puppies a "drink" with their special bottle; make the girl puppy squat, or the boy puppy hike up his leg, then move their tail and they wet on their special paper that turns yellow in spots, and shows brown turds in other spots.

Lovely.

Let the paper pad dry and do it all over again.

My hubby and his family were not impressed.

I assure myself that she will soon forget this toy and I can make it disappear. But then again...maybe not.

Comments

Melanie Lewis said…
That is your Mom getting her little revenge.....Or she didn't read the box....But I was a HUGE Barbie fan. None of my girls like dolls. Stuffed animals only. Our girls like to be contrary. I am pretty sure it is a daughter thing world wide.
moe said…
pretty FUNNY!

Popular posts from this blog

The Oyster

Like Cats A'Fightin'

The Blind Calf Story