It has been a busy past few days. Let's see. Thursday afternoon I got one of those rare moments of inspiration to actually do a deep cleaning vacuum job. (Not that I DON'T vacuum, it's just rare for me to be inspired to do so.) I had no sooner began than I was scared out of my wits by my husband coming in behind me. As per usual; when I get inspired to do something, something else always come up to interrupt it. A cow up the road needed help calving. So I was called on to act as nurse. I will spare the details; but the short of it is that the calf was in the wrong position and was dead when hubby finally got it out. The cow is doing OK though. I always hate it when that happens; it's depressing.
Friday I went shopping then came home and did another batch of those garlic dill pickles. I sure hope they turn out. They smelled so good, I will cry if they are icky when I try them in a few weeks.
Sat we did an all day trip to Marshfield to get a couple of things hubby needed.
5. I care so much less about what people think about me. I wish I had learned that about 25 years ago.
6. I try and say what I think needs to be said instead of keeping quiet about it.
7. I am working on not putting off until tomorrow what I know needs to be done today. The trouble is finding the time to do it. HA.
8. Much to my surprise I am finding myself becoming fearless in the kitchen, with regards to trying new dishes andto doing new things; like making dill pickles.
9. I find myself having more patience with other peoples' failings now. Maybe that is because I am more aware of my own.
10. It has taken awhile but I have worked at eliminated sarcasm from my conversation and thoughts.
11. I have much less tolerance for those who rely on sarcasm; especially when it is obvious they are using it to try and make themselves feel more important.
12. Kids don't bother me as much as they used to do; obviously that is because I have one of my own now.